Contact & Access | Hotel La Désirade ***
A short note from Pierre and Benedicte
A stay on an island is always a special moment. Leaving the continent, going to sea, is already forgetting your everyday worries and embarking on a relaxation and disconnection’s interlude.
Do not hesitate to contact us to arrange your transfer from the harbour, if you arrive by pleasure boat or plane, or simply if you need advice…
The most classic way to get to Belle-Île is to go to Quiberon and take the boat. You will arrive on the island in “Le Palais”. La Désirade is located near the wild coast about 6km from the harbour towards the aerodrome.
- By car: on the RN 165 exit at Auray then direction Quiberon at 26 Km
Paris – Quiberon: 505 Km / Rennes – Quiberon: 155 Km / Nantes – Quiberon: 160 Km
- By train: nearest station served all year round: Auray. Quiberon station open from June to September, bus service from October to May.
- By plane: Lorient Bretagne Sud (74 km from Quiberon) or Nantes (159 km from Quiberon) airports
- From Quiberon by boat: boarding in Port Maria, up to 12 crossings per day, by ferry (45min crossing), or by high-speed ship (in high season, without vehicle – 35min crossing)
- In season and pedestrian only: crossings from Vannes, Port Navalo, La Trinité and La Turballe
- Possibility of private air transport by Belle Ile aerodrome or by taxi plane – Iroise Aero Service (we will pick you up and take you home).
From “Le Palais” port, many transport options are available if you do not have your own car.
- Vehicle rentals
- Taxi: there are few taxis on Belle-Ile and only work on reservation. Let us know 24 hours in advance the arrival time of your boat, we will take care of the reservation! Count about 15€ the trip from Monday to Saturday and about 20€ on Sundays and public holidays.
- A bus network also exists on Belle-Ile
Hôtel La Désirade
Hôtel La Désirade
Le Petit Cosquet - Bangor, 56360 Belle-ile-en-mer, France